Tire Pressure ID Code Registration for Toyota Tundra
This is a simple tutorial on how to register the tire pressure ID codes of your Toyota Tundra. Every tire pressure warning valve and transmitter has a unique ID code. When replacing a tire pressure warning valve and transmitter, it is necessary to register the ID codes.
To register the ID codes, perform the following procedure:
- Press the tire pressure warning reset switch 3 times until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly 3 times. Then a message will be displayed on multi-information display. When registration is being performed, the tire pressure warning light will blink for approximately 1 minute then illuminate and “–” will be displayed for the inflation pressure of each tire on the multi information display.
- Drive straight (with occasional left and right turns) at approximately 25 mph (40 km/h) or more for approximately 10 to 30 minutes.
Registration is complete when the tire pressure warning light turns off and the inflation pressure of each tire is displayed on the multi-information display. Registration may take longer than approximately 30 minutes in certain situations, such as when the vehicle is stopped for a long time at traffic lights, etc. After registering the ID codes, make sure to initialize the tire pressure warning system.
Tire Pressure Warning System Is Not Working
In the following cases, the tire pressure warning system may not operate properly.
• If non-genuine Toyota wheels are used.
• A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not an OE (Original Equipment) tire.
• A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not of the specified size.
• Tire chains, etc., are equipped.
• An auxiliary-supported run-flat tire is equipped.
• If a window tint that affects the radio wave signals is installed.
• If there is a lot of snow or ice on the vehicle, particularly around the wheels or wheel housings.
• If the tire inflation pressure is extremely higher than the specified level.
• If wheel without the tire pressure warning valve and transmitter is used.
• If the ID code on the tire pressure warning valves and transmitter is not registered in the tire pressure warning computer.
That’s all the information you need to know in order to program the tire pressure ID codes of your Toyota Tundra. I am hoping this blog post is worth your time. Thank you very much. Erwin C. Salarda