Volkswagen Eos 2007 -2013 Service Reminder Indicator Reset
The Eos convertible can be considered the successor to the Volkswagen Cabrio, in that it’s a Jetta-based four-seater equipped with a folding metal hard top. However, the Eos is much more luxurious than the Cabrio ever was. One novel feature for a convertible is a built-in sunroof that can be opened when the hard top is closed. The seats are comfortable and interior fit and finish are impressive. Head-protecting curtain airbags are housed in the doors. Power comes from a 2.0-liter, turbocharged four-cylinder, with Volkswagen’s responsive sequential-shift DSG transmission. A 3.2-liter V6 is available with 2007 and 2008 models. The manual transmission was dropped in 2012. A rear-view camera became available beginning with the 2013 model year. The final year of production was 2015.
2007-2013 SERVICE LIGHT RESET
NOTE: This procedure applies to A5 models.
NOTE: The Service Reminder Indicator can also be reset using an OEM scan tool.
NOTE: If you reset the service display yourself, the next service is displayed after 9,320 miles (15,000 km) or one year. The service interval is not determined individually.
Using Buttons in Instrument Cluster (Basic Message Display)
1. Ensure the ignition is switched off.
NOTE: If resetting the Inspection Service Reminder, turn on emergency flashers. If resetting the Oil Change Reminder, go to next step.
2. Press and hold the 0.0 (trip reset) button (3). See Fig. 4, Fig. 5, or Fig. 6.
3. Switch ignition on. Release the 0.0 button. Press the HOUR and MINUTE button (clock reset button (1) one time, quickly.
4. The Service Interval Display is now in the Reset mode.
5. After a brief period, the display switches back to the normal display.
6. Turn off ignition and remove key from lock. Wait at least 10 seconds.
7. Insert key and start engine. The service interval is now reset. Confirm “wrench” indicator light is not illuminated.
Using The Windshield Wiper Lever Buttons (Premium Message Display)
1. Using the rocker switch on the windshield wiper lever (2), select the “Settings” menu. See Fig. 7.
2. Once in the service submenu, select “Reset”, then press the “OK” button (1). The service interval is now reset.
Using The Buttons In Multifunction Steering Wheel
1. Press the appropriate multifunction steering wheel button continually until the “Settings” menu is displayed (button 1 in 2004-08 Golf Sedan & 2004 R32, or button 5 in all other models). See Fig. 8 or Fig. 9)
2. Once in the service submenu, select “Reset” and then press the “OK” button (3 in 2004-08 Golf Sedan & 2004 R32, or 5 in all other models). The service interval is now reset.