Lexus GS 200T Oil Service Maintenance Required Light Reset
Simple tutorial on how to reset the oil service required soon message indicator warning light on Lexus GS200T from the year 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, to 2020.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Stop the car, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. (press the power Button 2x) Without touching the brake pedal.
- If the service maintenance has not been reset, try turning the ignition on with your foot on the brake.
- Press the TRIP button, to display TRIP A.
- Turn Off the ignition.
- Press and hold the TRIP button, then turn the ignition On, keep holding the TRIP button until the (– – – – – ) or 000000 is displayed on the screen.
- Turn off the ignition, oil reset is complete.
FOR U.S MODEL PLEASE FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL BELOW.
About Lexus GS200T
The revised GS debuted at Monterey Car Week in August 2015. Changes include a GS 200t variant equipped with the 2.0-liter 8AR-FTS turbocharged engine to replace the GS 250, and an update to the 3.5-liter V6, now upgraded to 2GR-FKS specification that uses the Atkinson cycle and features founded on the previous 2GR-FSE motor. Additional changes include revised exterior elements (including front and rear trim, exterior lighting, wheels, and rocker panels), new active safety features, and a revised infotainment system. The GS 200t was withdrawn from the North American market after only two model years.
In 2018, Lexus discontinued the GS for European markets and replaced it with the front-wheel drive ES already sold in North America and some Asian countries. Lexus issued a press release saying that production of the GS will end as of August 2020. (source:wiki)