Ford Freestyle Engine Change Oil Maintenance Reminder Light Reset
Simple tutorial on how to reset the change oil service maintenance reminder indicator message light on Ford Freestyle from the year 2005, 2006, and 2007.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Turn on the ignition, make sure the MILEAGE is displayed on the screen.
- Press the SETUP button until the PRESS RESET FOR SYS CHCK is displayed on the screen, then press and hold the RESET button.
- After pressing the RESET button the OIL LIFE % RESET IF NEW will be displayed on the screen, then press and hold the RESET button.
- IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET will display on the screen.
- Press and hold the RESET button until the OIL LIFE is reset to 100%.
- Turn off the ignition. The oil reset is complete.
Note: Reset is necessary after the oil change, don’t reset the service reminder without the oil proper maintenance.
About Ford Freestyle
The Ford Freestyle is a crossover utility vehicle that was sold by Ford from 2005 to 2009. Largely marketed as the successor to the Ford Taurus station wagon, the Freestyle was the CUV counterpart of the Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego four-door sedans. Sharing the Ford D3 platform with the Five Hundred and Montego, the Freestyle was produced with both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations and six or seven-passenger seating.
Following the return of the Ford Taurus for the 2008 model year, the Freestyle underwent a mid-cycle revision and was renamed the Ford Taurus X, marketed in the United States and Canada, as well as South Korea and the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam. Following the 2009 model year, the Taurus X was withdrawn. From the 2009 model year, the larger Ford Flex has served as the three-row Ford CUV/wagon.
From 2005 to 2009, the Freestyle/Taurus X was assembled at Chicago Assembly (Chicago, Illinois); the final vehicle was produced on February 27, 2009.
This tutorial is humbly made by Erwin C. Salarda. Thank you very much!