Toyota Innova/Kijang RKE Keyfob Programming
Here is a detailed guide on how to program the Remote keyless entry (RKE) Keyfob found in every Toyota INNOVA/KIJANG produced between 2004 and 2015. That includes every model year from 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. Below, for your convenience, are the detailed instructions. Please read the steps carefully and implement them as directed.
TOYOTA INNOVA REMOTE KEY FOB PROGRAMMING
1. Close driver’s door.
2. After 10 seconds, insert the old key into the ignition & turn to the ‘Acc’ position. You have 3 seconds to begin step 3.
3. Remove and insert the old key 4 times in 10 seconds – turning the key to the ‘Acc’ position each time it is inserted.
4. Open and close driver’s door 6 times within 20 seconds.
5. Remove the old key.
6. Within 10 seconds, insert the new key and turn the ‘Acc’ position. Leave it for 60 seconds.
7. Your new key is now programmed.
IF THE ABOVE TUTORIAL DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, PLEASE CONTINUE READING. We advise you to follow the directions below.
- Key removed from the ignition
- Drivers door open, all other doors closed
- Insert key into ignition then remove it – do this twice
- Close and Open drivers door twice
- Insert the key into the Ignition then remove it
- Close and Open drivers door twice
- Close the door and Insert key into the ignition
- Turn ignition from off to on and back to on – once to add a new remote while retaining the original remotes, and twice to erase original remotes
- Remove the key from the ignition cylinder (Locks will cycle once for adding remote, and twice if erase mode was selected)
- Press the Lock and Unlock Buttons on the remote at the same time for 1 second
- Press any button on the remote (Door locks will cycle once if programming is correct, and twice if unsuccessful)
- To close procedure open drivers door and insert key into the ignition
About Toyota Innova -Quick Information
The Toyota Innova is a and mainly sold with three-row seating. Its official name in Indonesia is Toyota Kijang Innova, while for other countries it is simply called “Innova”. For the second generation, it is known as Innova Crysta in India and Thailand. Targeted annual production in Indonesia was 80,000 units, including 10,000 for export. The 2.7-litre petrol engine was dropped from the Indonesian market due to low demand and increasing tax rates.
The diesel variants use a turbocharged 2KD-FTV engine which produces 102 hp (76 kW) and 260 N⋅m (190 lb ⋅ft) of torque when mated to the four-speed automatic transmission. The Innova also received a front mesh grille. Toyota-Astra Motor launched the third facelift of the Innova in August 2013. In August 2014, for the 2015 model year, the Kijang Innova was updated again with the redesigned wheels exclusive to the G, V and Luxury trims. The first generation Innova received an update for the Indian market in 2015.
Innova was launched on 27 May 2005 replacing the Unser and was offered in two variants: the E and G. In 2010, an upgraded version of the Innova E trim called the Sport Runner was offered. From 2014, the G and V trims, as well as the Luxury variants received two-tone wheel colour and new aerokit. The Innova was introduced in its second facelift form in October 2011. In June 2015, offered a limited edition 1 Million Innova with GPS navigation and 1 Million badge.
The Innova is produced locally and was the first product of Toyota Motor Vietnam (TMV), introduced in January 2006. The second-generation Innova, designated AN140 series, was launched on 23 November 2015 in Jakarta, Indonesia. For the Indian market, (TKM) showcased the “Innova Crysta” at in February 2016. In 2018, Toyota launched the Innova Touring Sport based on the Indonesian-market Kijang Innova Venturer. The Kijang Innova was launched in India on 24 November 2020.
The 2.4-litre 2GD-FTV diesel engine is equipped with a + system for exhaust after-treatment and mandates the use of. Bharat Stage 6 emission standards. The Kijang Innova (AN140) was launched in the Philippine market on 26 February 2016. In September 2017, UMW Toyota introduced a flagship variant, called the 2.0 X. The facelifted Innova was released on 15 October 2020 and replaced by the Luxury variant of G and V trims with captain seats.
The AN140 Innova rolled off Toyota’s assembly plant in on 14 April 2016 and went on sale a few days later. Initially, all trim levels were powered by either a 2.8-litre 1GD-FTV turbocharged four cylinder diesel engine or a petrol engine. In November 2020, the facelift model of the Thai-market Innova was launched.