Table of Contents
Honda Jazz RKE Keyfob Programming
This is a simple instruction on how to program the RKE Keyfob on Honda Jazz from the year 2007 to 2008. For your reference please follow the step by step tutorial below.
To program the remote, you first have to disable the memory feature!
All you have to do is hold the lock and unlock buttons together, until the LED on the remote blinks twice. This will mean that it’s disabled.
PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):
NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.
13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
IF THE ABOVE TUTORIAL FAIL. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW.
Entering the programming mode cancels all learned keyless remotes, so none of the previously programmed remotes will work. You must reprogram all of the keyless remotes once you are in the programming mode. You must complete each step within 5 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.
Note: a maximum of 3 remote transmitters can be programmed. Make sure all the doors are UNLOCKED before starting this programming procedure.
1. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
2. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes. (An unprogrammed remote can be used for this step.)
3. Turn ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (O)
4. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
5. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes.
6. Turn ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (O)
7. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
8. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on one of the remotes.
9. Turn ignition switch to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (O)
10. Turn ignition switch to ON (II)
11. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button the same remote. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm you are in programming mode.
12.Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on each remote you want to program. Make sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote.
13.Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (O) to exit programming mode.
14. Test remote(s)
Key Fob Remote Programming for the 2009-2022 Honda Jazz
If you own a Honda JAZZ from 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022, you’ll need an OBD scan tool with a key programming feature to program the remote keyless entry (RKE) keyfob.
Quick Information About Honda Jazz
Honda Jazz is a subcompact automobile in its fourth generation. Sales hit 5 million by mid-2013 at eleven factories in eight countries. Europe, Oceania, the Middle East, Africa, Hong Kong, Macau, Southeast Asia, and India use the “Jazz” nameplate; Japan, Sri Lanka, China, Taiwan, and the Americas use “Fit”. Honda Fit is a subcompact automobile in its fourth generation. Honda’s all-new Global Small Car Platform uses ultra-high strength 780 MPa yield steel for 27% of its bodywork.
The third-generation Fit/Jazz keeps the overall design idea of prior models, including the center-located fuel tank and “Magic Seat” interior concept. Only Japan had the variation. Honda debuted the third-generation Jazz on June 26, 2014. India is the only market with a diesel Jazz. Honda’s “Final Edition” was introduced on 1 December 2020 to recognize the conclusion of the Honda Fit in Mexico.
Malaysia’s City Hatchback replaced the Jazz when it stopped producing in 2021. In the Philippines, the third-generation Honda Jazz was debuted in 2014 with three trim levels; the base 1.5 E was offered in 5-speed manual or CVT. The third-generation Fit/Jazz was unveiled in Japan on June 29, 2017. The City Hatchback replaces the Fit/ Jazz in South America and Southeast Asia due to declining sales of the compact SUVs. Guangqi Honda launches the Chinese-market Fit on June 10, 2020.
The Fit Sport has sportier bumpers than the Japanese or European versions. Dongfeng Honda sells its twin model, Honda Life, in China. In Singapore and Hong Kong, the fourth-generation Fit was called the Jazz. Fit/Jazz sales hit 1 million by December 2004. Japan sold 1.5 million units by September 2010.
Honda Australia launched Honda Jazz with an animated Thomas the Tank Engine-inspired ad, Village Green. American Honda unveiled the Fit in April 2006 with six 5-second and two 30-second TV spots. (source:wiki)