HOW TO GUIDE: Ford CLUB WAGON Keyfob RKE Programming
Ford CLUB WAGON Keyfob RKE Programming
This is a tutorial on how to program the RKE Keyfob on a Ford Club Wagon from 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions below for your reference.
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 1
INSERT key into ignition and TURN from OFF to RUN/ACC.
OFF is the position where you can remove your key, RUN/ACC is the position just shy of starting your vehicle.
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 2
LOCATE the Programming Connector located at the base of the Steering Wheel Column.
The Programming Connector consists of 2 wires and a plastic plug terminator with 2 pins.
The pins will NOT be connected to anything.
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 3
JUMP the 2 pins in the Programming Connector using a suitable metal jumping wire (example – paperclip).
- Program Remote
PRESS any button on the remote to be programmed.
Door locks will cycle Lock/Unlock to confirm successful programming of the remote.
REPEAT this step IMMEDIATELY for any other remotes to be programmed to your vehicle.
- Exit Programming Mode
TURN ignition to OFF to exit Programming Mode.
The vehicle locks will cycle Lock/Unlock to indicate successful completion of programming.
- Test Remotes
Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- Verify the following prior to following these instructions:
- Your vehicle is equipped with keyless entry, and
- You have a key fob remote that is compatible with your vehicle.
- Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
- You may clear your keyless entry system memory by entering programming mode as shown in the steps above.
Note: If your vehicle cannot enter programming mode, then you cannot program any remote. This indicates either no keyless entry installed on the vehicle or a defective keyless entry receiver module.