- 1 2 EASY STEPS TO RESET THE OIL SERVICE REMINDER INDICATOR ON CHEVROLET CAPTIVA
- 2 Engine Oil Life System
2 EASY STEPS TO RESET THE OIL SERVICE REMINDER INDICATOR ON CHEVROLET CAPTIVA
LETS RESET THE OIL SERVICE REMINDER LIGHT ON CHEVROLET CAPTIVA.
ON THIS TUTORIAL WE NEED TO USE THE GAS PEDAL.
- Turn The Ignition To On Position. Don’T Start The Engine.
- While The Oil Service Light Is Displayed.Fully Press And Release The Accelerator Pedal Slowly 3X Within Five Seconds.
- After Pressing Gas Pedal 3X Within 5 Seconds. The Oil Service Reminder Light Should Be Gone. If Fail! Please Repeat The Procedure.
- TURN THE IGNITION OFF. OIL RESET IS NOW COMPLETE
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.