HOW TO RESET OIL CHANGE REMINDER CHEVY CAPTIVA
Chevrolet Captiva 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015 Oil Change Reminder Reset
The Driver Information Center (DIC) will display a CHANGE OIL message when an oil change is due. The instrument cluster may also have a CHANGE OIL light. To reset the oil life monitor:
- Turn ignition switch to RUN position, with engine off.
- Press the TRIP (on some models SELECT or SET/RESET) button, located on the DIC, until the OIL LIFE display appears. Message will display percentage of oil life remaining. NOTE: On models without DIC buttons, use the TRIP/ODOMETER reset stem.
- Press and hold SET/RESET button (on some models, the check-symbol button) on DIC for at least 5 seconds. The message will change to indicate that the Oil Life has been reset. On some models, 3 chimes will also sound.
- Turn ignition off.
- Turn the key to OFF. If the light or message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
NOTE: On some models, if oil life system does not reset, try turning ignition OFF after displaying oil life message. Then press and hold reset button.
Alternate Method (Some Models)
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Daghan Salamat higala sa Pagbisita !