HOW TO RESET OIL CHANGE REMINDER CHEVROLET CAPRICE
Chevrolet Caprice (1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-1999,-2000-2001-2002-2003-
2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017 )OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
CHEVY CAPRICE 1994
Engine oil life monitor calculates engine oil temperature and RPM. It indicates when the engine oil is nearly worn out. A CHANGE OIL light on the instrument cluster is illuminated when it is time to change the engine oil. To reset CHANGE OIL light:
- Remove IP fuse block cover (cover can be seen when driver’s door is open).
- Turn ignition ON, engine OFF.
- Press OIL RESET button and hold for 5 seconds.
- If Oil Life light does not reset, repeat procedure with ignition OFF.
CHEVY CAPRICE 1995-1996
Engine oil life monitor calculates engine oil temperature and RPM. It indicates when the engine oil is nearly
worn out. A CHANGE OIL light on the instrument cluster is illuminated when it is time to change the
- To reset oil life monitor and turn off CHANGE OIL light, turn ignition switch to ON position with
- Depress accelerator pedal to wide open throttle 3 times within 5 seconds. This throttle signal will
inform the PCM to reset the oil life monitor and turn off the light. If light does not turn off, turn
ignition off and repeat procedure.
CHEVY CAPRICE 2006-2017
OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL message or light will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1 000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
NOTE: Be careful not to reset the oil life display accidentally at any time other than after the oil is changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change.
Vehicles with Driver Information Center (DIC)
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
2. Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever to enter the Vehicle Information Menu. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the menu items until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE. See Fig. 2.
3. Press the SET/CLR button (on some models, the check-symbol button) while the oil life display is active. After a few seconds, there will be a single chime (on some models) and the oil life will be reset to 100%
4. Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF. The system is reset when the CHANGE OIL message is off and the REMAINING OIL LIFE 100% message is displayed.
NOTE: If the CHANGE OIL message comes back on or Code 82 DIC message comes on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Vehicles without DIC (Some Models)
1. With the engine OFF, turn the ignition key to RUN.
2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
3. Turn the key to OFF, than start the vehicle.
Reset Using Diagnostic Scan Tool (Some Models)
1. Turn on ignition.
2. Connect scan tool.
3. Select Module Diagnosis.
4. Select Engine Control Module.
5. Select Configuration/Reset function.
6. Select Engine Oil System Reset.
7. Push Enter button to run function.
8. Confirm Executed successfully.
9. Turn ignition of and confirm.
10. Turn ignition on and confirm.
Daghan Salamat mga Higala sa Pag Bisita 🙂 -Erwin Salarda