2008-2011 Chevrolet Aveo TPMS Reset
NOTE: A TPM diagnostic tool (or TPM sensor activation tool) or Pressure Increase/Decrease Method may be used to perform this procedure. Before proceeding with this process, ensure that no other learn procedure is being performed simultaneously or that tire pressures are not being adjusted on another TPM equipped vehicle within close proximity. Stray signals from other TPM equipped vehicles just driving by can be inadvertently learned. If any random horn chirps are heard from the vehicle while performing the learn procedure, most likely a stray sensor has been learned and the procedure will need to be cancelled and repeated. Under these circumstances, performing the TPM Learn Procedure away from other vehicles would be highly recommended. In the event a particular sensor activation does not cause the horn to chirp, it may be necessary to rotate the wheel valve stem to a different position due to the sensor signal is being blocked by another component.
1. Ignition ON, engine OFF, apply the parking brake.
2. Using a diagnostic scan tool, initiate the TPM Learn Mode.
3. Perform the procedure by following the menu selections. A double horn chirp will sound and the IPC tire pressure monitor indicator warning lamp icon will flash indicating Learn Mode is enabled.
4. Starting with the left front tire, active the sensors by one of the following methods:
- Hold the antenna of a TPM diagnostic tool (or TPM sensor activation tool) aimed upward against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location. Press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information is learned.
- Increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds then wait for a horn chirp. The horn chirp may occur before or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached. Once the horn chirp has sounded, the sensor information has been learned.
WARNING: Over inflating tires may cause personal injury or damage to the tires and wheels. When increasing tire pressure do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure as noted on the tire sidewall.
5. Repeat procedure for the next 3 sensors in the following order of Right front, Right rear and Left rear.
6. After the left rear sensor is learned, a double horn chirp will sound indicating all sensor IDs have been
learned and the tire pressure module will exit the Learn mode turning OFF the IPC tire pressure monitor
warning indicator lamp icon.
7. Ignition OFF, adjust all tires to the recommended pressures. Refer to the tire placard label.