Volkswagen Cars 2004-2011 TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) Reset Guide.
Phaeton Year 2004-2006
If a tire pressure warning light is observed, check and inflate the tire(s) to specified pressures then store new pressure values as follows to shut light off:
- First it is important to check the tire pressure when the tires are cold.
- Adjust tire pressures to vehicle load/specified pressures.
- Press the main menu button “VEHICLE”.
- Press the function key “New spec. pressures.”.
- Press the function key “Confirm” to define the current tire pressures as the new specified pressures.
Touareg Year 2004-2006
If a “CHECK TIRE PRESSURES”, or “FAULTY WHEEL IN VEHICLE” warning light is observed, check and inflate the tire(s) to specified pressures then store new pressure values as follows to shut light off:
- In the “TIRE PRESSURE” menu accessed from the main convenience setup menu, select “STORE”. Current tire pressures are saved as new recommended pressures.
2006-2007 GTI, Rabbit and 2007 EOS
TIRE PRESSURE CONTROL INDICATOR, PERFORMING BASIC SETTING.
- Basic setting of Tire Pressure Monitoring Display Indicator Lamp K220 should always only be performed, “after” tire inflation pressure values have first been corrected to the proper values.
- If no pressure loss and no tire damage is detected after a tire pressure warning, the erroneous warning can be eliminated by a basic setting.
Tire Pressure Monitory System display is a component of ABS Control Module -J104- software.
ABS Control Module compares speed and rolling circumference of individual wheels with help of ABS sensors. If rolling circumference of a wheel changes, this is displayed via tire pressure control indicator. Rolling circumference of tire may be change if:
- Tire inflation pressure is too low.
- Tires have structural damage.
- Vehicle is loaded on one side.
- Wheels of one axle are loaded higher (e.g. when towing trailer or driving uphiland downhill).
- Snow chains are installed.
- Spare wheel is installed.
- One wheel per axle was replaced.
Tire Pressure Monitoring Display Indicator Lamp K220 has a yellow indicator light in instrument cluster -arrow-.
- “BLINKING LIGHT” means that no “INITIAL BASIC SETTING” was performed yet.
- “STEADY LIGHT” , in conjunction with warning buzzer, means “WARNING”, a loss of pressure was detected, check tire inflation pressures, perform system basic setting.
Performing “INITIAL” basic setting
- Switch ignition on.
- Simultaneously press the ESP -1- button and SET -2- button in the center console for longer than 2 seconds.
If ESP is not installed, press the button for ASR.
Beginning of basic setting is confirm by a notifying tone.
On next new ignition start, warning does not appear.
Performing basic setting
- Switch ignition on.
- After changing tire pressures or changing one or more tires, tire pressure display SET button, item -2- in illustration, must be pressed until a confirmation tone is heard.
Warning will no longer appear next time engine is switched on.
Jetta, Passat Year 2006-2007
GENERAL SYSTEM FUNCTION DESCRIPTION
As the tires spin, signals are sent from the sensors (located in each wheel) to the -R47- antenna. This antenna is connected to the Comfort and Convenience Control Module -J393-. The Tire Pressure
Monitoring Control Module -J502- is integrated into -J393-.
-J502- will determine if pressure in the tire is correct. If it is not correct, a yellow warning lamp will illuminate without sound on the instrument cluster and a message will display in the Multi Function Indicator (MFI).
Tip: Adding pressure to a tire and driving the car will stop the lamp from illumination and is not covered by warranty.
Changing tires or replacing sensors may create a customer concern, as the system take 20 minutes to go in a learn mode for sensor and control unit (see Diagnosis, Adaptation).
- Check tire pressure using VAS 5216 or equivalent.
- Tires must be filled when cold.
- Pressure displayed on the scan toois delayed for approximately 20 seconds while filling is completed.
Tip: Filling the tire and driving the car wilstop the lamp from illuminating and is not covered by warranty.
After replacing a sensor or changing to a spare tire, the TPMS system must be re-learned by performing the following:
Vehicle must be parked for a minimum of 20 minutes before the TPMS system wilgo into learn mode.
- Start vehicle and drive 25 KM/h (16 mph) for at least 7 minutes.
- TPMS then recognizes sensor inputs.
- Warning light in cluster will go out.
2008-2011 All Model
Adding pressure to a tire and driving the car will stop the lamp from illumination and is not covered by warranty.
Changing tires or replacing sensors may create a customer concern, as the system takes 20 minutes to go into a learn mode for sensor and control unit.
List of Volkswagen Cars
- Volkswagen Ameo
- Volkswagen Arteon
- Volkswagen Atlas
- Volkswagen Fox
- Volkswagen Gol
- Volkswagen Golf
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volkswagen Polo
- Volkswagen Sharan
- Volkswagen T-Cross
- Volkswagen Tharu
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Touareg
- Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen T-Roc
- Volkswagen Up!
- Volkswagen Vento