Find Out More About The Intuitive Parking Assist System
The Lexus and Toyota Intuitive Parking Assist system is a sonar-based parking assist that is available on various Lexus and Toyota automobiles and is meant to make parking easier while also preventing scrapes and dings. When the car is in reverse, the Lexus and Toyota Intuitive Parking Assist system starts automatically, using sensors on each side of the back bumper to assist detect distance. When the vehicle is near to an impediment, the system will alert the driver verbally, and a schematic on the multimedia display will show which side of the car the problem is on. The driver then maneuvers into the parking space with the help of the steering wheel.
The sensors assess the distance between your car and obstacles such as a wall while parallel parking or navigating into a garage and convey this information to the multi-information display, head-up display (if installed), audio system screen, and a buzzer. When utilizing this method, always keep an eye on the surroundings.
Sensor Detection Display, Obstacle Distance
Rear Center Sensors
Cautions regarding the use of the system
There is a limit to the degree of recognition accuracy and control performance that this system can provide, do not overly rely on this system. The driver is always responsible for paying attention to the vehicle’ surroundings and driving safely.
To ensure the system can operate properly
Observe the following precautions. Failing to do so may result in the vehicle being unable to be driven safely and possibly cause an accident.
- Do not damage the sensors, and always keep them clean.
- Do not attach a sticker or install an electronic component, such as a backlit license plate (especially fluorescent type), fog lights, fender pole or wireless antenna near a radar sensor.
- Do not subject the surrounding area of the sensor to a strong impact. If subjected to an impact, have the vehicle inspected by your Toyota dealer. If the front or rear bumper needs to be removed/installed or replaced, contact your Toyota dealer.
- Do not modify, disassemble or paint the sensors.
- Do not attach a license plate cover.
- Keep your tires properly inflated.
When to disable the function
In the following situations, disable the function as it may operate even though there is no possibility of a collision.
- Failing to observe the warnings above.
- A non-genuine Toyota suspension (lowered suspension, etc.) is installed.
Notes when washing the vehicle
Do not apply intensive bursts of water or steam to the sensor area. Doing so may result in the sensor malfunctioning.
- When using a high pressure washer to wash the vehicle, do not spray the sensors directly, as doing so may cause a sensor to malfunction.
- When using steam to clean the vehicle, do not direct steam too close to the sensors as doing so may cause a sensor to malfunction.
What exactly is Intuitive Parking Assist?
Intuitive Parking Assist employs sensors that identify the position and closeness of stationary objects around your car while you are attempting to park.
What is Lexus’ Intuitive Park Assist?
The Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist system, which is available on various Lexus automobiles, is a sonar-based parking assist that is meant to make parking simpler and to help reduce scrapes and dents. To identify obstructions in the vehicle’s path, sonar sensors are fitted in the front and back bumpers.
What exactly is Toyota Intuitive Parking Assist?
Warning sirens Parking assistance that is intuitive The functioning of a buzzer and the distance to an item When the sensors are activated, a buzzer sounds. As the car gets closer to an item, the buzzer sounds faster. The buzzer sounds continually when the vehicle is within 1.0 ft. (30 cm) of the item.
What exactly is intuitive parking assist with automatic braking?
Intuitive Parking Assist with Auto Braking identifies impediments around the car during parking maneuvers (below 10 mph, forward or reverse), informs the driver, and applies the brakes to prevent or mitigate an accident if no action is made.