Ford Excursion RKE Keyfob Programming
A simple instruction on how to program the RKE keyfob on your Ford Excursion from the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 to 2005. Please follow the step-by-step guide below for your reference.
- Prepare Vehicle
CLOSE and UNLOCK vehicle using power door locks.
- Enter Vehicle Programming Mode
INSERT key into Ignition and TURN from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm Programming Mode.
- Program Remote
Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote fob. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
(Repeat immediately for any additional remotes to be programmed.)
- Exit Programming Mode
Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
- Test Remotes
Test all remotes. Programming is now complete..
- Verify the following prior to following these instructions:
- Your vehicle is equipped with keyless entry, and
- You have a key fob remote that is compatible with your vehicle.
- Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
- You may clear your keyless entry system memory by entering programming mode as shown in the steps above.
Note: If your vehicle cannot enter programming mode, then you cannot program any remote. This indicates either no keyless entry installed on the vehicle or a defective keyless entry receiver module.
This guide will walk you through the steps of programming the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) keyfob for a Ford Excursion manufactured in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005.