HOW TO: Acura ECM/PCM Idle Relearn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics.
Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
- – Replace the ECM/PCM.
- – Reset the ECM/PCM.
- – Update the ECM/PCM.
- – Replace or clean the throttle body.
- – Disassemble the engine or transmission.
NOTE: Clearing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
- Make sure all electrical items (the A/C, the audio, the lights, etc.) are off.
- Reset the ECM/PCM with the HDS.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), or press the engine start/stop button to select the ON mode, and wait 2 seconds.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (A/T in P or N, M/T in neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
- Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTE: If the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- How do I reset my idle speed?
- How do you relearn idle?
- How do you reset the ECU on Acura.
- How long does it take for a car computer to relearn?
- HOW TO: Acura ECM/PCM Idle Relearn Procedure