2012-2013 Chevrolet Sonic Oil Change Reminder Reset
Chevy Sonic 2012 Oil Reset
- Using the DIC MENU button and thumbwheel, scroll until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE on the DIC.
- Press the SET/CLR button to reset the oil life at 100%. When prompted, use the thumbwheel to highlight YES or NO. Press the SET/CLEAR button to confirm.
Be careful not to reset the oil life display accidentally at any time other than after the oil is changed. It cannot be reset accurately.
If the Code 82 DIC message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.
Chevy Sonic 2013 Oil Reset
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL message or light will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1 000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at east once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
Vehicles with Driver Information Center (DIC)
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever to enter the Vehicle Information Menu. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the menu items until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- Press the SET/CLR button to reset the oil life at 100%.
- Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF.The system is reset when the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message is off and the REMAINING OIL LIFE 100% message is displayed.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Vehicles without DIC (Some Models)
- With the engine OFF, turn the ignition key to RUN.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
- Turn the key to OFF, than start the vehicle.