2005 Chevrolet Classic Oil Change Reminder Reset
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1 000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
- Turn the ignition to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the information (INFO) and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK.
General Motors used the Chevrolet Classic nameplate for the following vehicles:
- The second generation Chevrolet Corsa, produced in Argentina and Brazil from 2002 to 2016
- The fifth generation Chevrolet Malibu, produced in the United States from 2004 to 2005 for use by fleets and car rental companies.
- The sixth generation Chevrolet Malibu, produced in the United States for 2008 for use by fleets and car rental companies.
- The seventh generation Chevrolet Malibu, to be produced in the United States for 2013 for use by fleets and car rental companies.
- GM shelved plans for the seventh generation Malibu Classic where the company decided to commence production of the eighth generation – the ninth generation Impala introduced in the 2006 model year took the place of the Chevrolet Classic as the Impala Limited
Notably, the latter two Chevrolet Classics are the past generation versions of the Malibu that are continued to be produced for fleet sales, as the current generations are sold though retail.