1998-2015 Chevrolet Camaro Oil Change Reminder Reset
CAMARO 1998-2002 Oil Reset
The CHANGE OIL (or CHANGE ENGINE OIL) message is displayed when its time to change engine
oil, usually between 3000 and 7500 miles since last oil change.
To reset the oil life monitor.
- Turn the ignition switch to RUN position, with engine off.
- Press the TRIP/OIL RESET button on the instrument panel for 12 seconds.
- The OIL CHANGE light will start to flash to confirm that system is reset.
- Reset is complete when OIL CHANGE light goes out.
CAMARO 2010-2015 Oil Reset
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL message or light will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1 000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at east once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
Vehicles with Driver Information Center (DIC)
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- Press the DIC MENU button on the turn signal lever to enter the Vehicle Information Menu. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the menu items until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- Press the SET/CLR button to reset the oil life at 100%.
- Turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF.The system is reset when the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message is off and the REMAINING OIL LIFE 100% message is displayed.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Vehicles without DIC (Some Models)
- With the engine OFF, turn the ignition key to RUN.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
- Turn the key to OFF, than start the vehicle.