1993-1999 Volkswagen Golf Service Reminder Indicator Reset
The Golf was redesigned for 1999, and became quieter and more comfortable, with a higher-quality interior. A turbocharged four-cylinder engine was introduced a year later. A fuel-sipping turbodiesel four cylinder is also available. The R32, a V6-powered AWD model, arrived for 2004.
Service Reminder Reset
NOTE: The Service Reminder Indicator can also be reset using an OEM scan tool.
After performing the specified maintenance, reset the Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) displays according to the following table:
- Switch ignition ON.
- Press and hold odometer reset button (arrow) located below speedometer. See Fig. 2.
- Switch ignition OFF and release odometer reset button. “OEL” will now appear in SRI display
- Press and hold lower digital clock reset button (1) or analog clock reset (2) (see Fig. 3), until five dashes (- – – – -) appear in display.
- OEL SRI is now reset for 7500 miles (12,000 km) or 6 months, whichever comes first. Once OEL is reset, the other displays can be reset the same way without switching the ignition on and off again.
- a. Press odometer reset button to proceed to IN01 display (15,000 mile maintenance) and reset using clock reset button.
- b. If necessary, repeat procedure to reset IN02 (30,000 mile maintenance) display.
- c. To escape reset mode: Switch ignition ON; when “IN01” is displayed, switch ignition OFF.