1990-2013 Chevrolet Corvette Oil Change Reminder Reset
1990-1996 Corvette Oil Reset
Engine oil life monitor calculates engine oil temperature and RPM. It indicates when the oil is nearly worn out. A CHANGE OIL light on left side of instrument cluster is illuminated when it is time to change oil. To reset oil life monitor:
- Turn ignition on.
- Depress ENG MET button on trip monitor and release.
- Within 5 seconds, depress and release ENG MET button again.
- Within 5 seconds, depress and hold the ENG MET or GAUGES button again. The CHANGE OIL light should flash.
- Depress and hold the RANGE or GAUGES button until the CHANGE OIL light stops flashing and goes out. When the light goes out, the engine oil life monitor is reset. This should take about 10 seconds.
1997-2004 Corvette Oil Reset
1. The CHANGE OIL light is illuminated when its time to change engine oil, usually between 3000 and 10,000 miles since last oil change. The Driver Information Center (DIC) will display CHANGE OIL NOW when an oil change is due.
To reset oil life monitor.
- Turn ignition switch to RUN position, with engine off.
- Press TRIP button, located on DIC switch to display OIL LIFE. Message will display percentage of oil life remaining.
- Press and hold RESET button on DIC for at least 2 seconds. The message will change to indicate that the Oil Life has been reset.
- Turn ignition off.
2005-2013 Corvette Oil Reset
To reset the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message after an oil change, do the following:
- Turn the ignition to ON with the engine off.
- Press the TRIP button so the OIL LIFE percentage is displayed.
- Press RESET and hold for two seconds. OIL LIFE REMAINING 100% will appear.
NOTE: If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.