Hyundai i40 Oil Service Required Maintenance Reminder Reset
Quick and easy to follow tutorial on how to reset the oil service maintenance required reminder indicator warning light on Hyundai i40 from the year 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 to 2019.
- Close all door, gear to the park position.
- Turn the ignition on. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the PAGE button to navigate SERVICE (spanner light) to display the SERVICE REQUIRED.
- While the SERVICE REQUIRED is displayed, press and hold the DOWN button until the HOLD:RESET is displayed then release the DOWN button then press and hold the DOWN button again to reset the service maintenance to the next service maintenance schedule.
- Turn off the ignition. Oil Service Maintenance Required Reset is complete.
About Hyundai i40
The Hyundai i40 is a large family car designed primarily for the European market by the South Korean manufacturer Hyundai. Sharing its platform with the United States-marketed Hyundai Sonata, the i40 sedan was unveiled at the 2011 Barcelona Motor Show.
In some markets, the Sonata remains on sale as a separate model, such as the United States, where the i40 is unavailable. The estate/wagon variant of the i40 was released in Europe and South Korea in September 2011, followed by the sedan variant in January 2012, and it is also sold in Australia and New Zealand.
For Malaysia, Hyundai launched the i40 at the 2013 Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show, in both sedan and tourer specifications. It is placed above the Hyundai Sonata. The engine is the two litre GDI motor which is linked to a paddle shifted six speed automatic gearbox.
Due to slowing sales of mid-sized cars worldwide, the i40 was discontinued in markets such as Australia and New Zealand in early 2019, leaving the Sonata to cater for the segment. The i40 has since been discontinued in Europe as of 2020. (source:wiki)
NOTE: After the oil change , just the service required maintenance should be reset. Do not reset your vehicle’s service maintenance without changing the oil.