Ford Fiesta DTC P0456 Solution on How to Fix
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
1. Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 73.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.3 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained on the website.
THE PCM AND TCM ARE A MATCHED SET; PROGRAMMING THE PCM WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE THE TCM.
2. Is the vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission?
- a. Yes – proceed to Step 3.
b. No – the procedure is complete and no further action is required.
3. Using IDS, select Powertrain, Transmission Clutch system test, complete procedure.
4. Using IDS, select Powertrain, Transmission Transmission Adaptive Learning and perform each of the following:
- a. Transmission Range Sensor Adaptive Learning.
- b. Shift Drum Adaptive Learning.
- c. Clutch Adaptive Learning.
- d. Exit.
5. Perform Adaptive Drive Cycle.
You need a diagnostic tool to fix the problem. if you are using LAUNCH X431 The function will be found on TCM Special Function.
Thank you very much.