Complete List of 68 Dashboard Light of BMW Cars
The 68 Dashboard Light of BMW Cars
These are the complete list of 68 dashboard light of BMW cars. Please see the corresponding image number to the descriptions below.
- Front fog lamp is on.
- Rear fog lamp is on.
- Turn signal is on.
- High-beam headlights are turned on.
- Short-beam and stop lights are on.
- Parking, brake, rear fog, signal, interior lighting or license plate lamps are faulty.
- Outer brake lamp indicates that the bulb is faulty.
- Malfunction of the headlight control system.
- Adaptive light system warning light.
- Short-beam headlights are on.
- Battery charge warning light, indicating dead battery, battery fault, or charging malfunction.
- Faulty exterior lamp.
- Overdrive Off warning light, meaning that the drive system is faulty or has been turned off manually.
- Body control module for lighting or other electrical problem, or a communication problem between traction control modules.
- Press the brake pedal for the engine to start.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Warning Light: The presence of this fault lamp in diesel vehicles means that the diesel particulate filter is filled with excess air.
- Catalytic Convertor Warning Light: This auto warning lamp means that the catalyst system is faulty.
- The water level in the fuel filter has increased.
- The engine air filter is dirty or old.
- Engine Temperature Warning Light: The engine coolant is overheated. Stop the car immediately and wait for the engine to cool when the warning light flashes.
- Indicator light meaning the vehicle engine fuel filter is dirty or faulty.
- The fuel level has decreased.
- Oil Pressure Warning Lamp: The engine oil pressure has dropped and should be checked before proceeding.
- Check Engine or Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL): Service required immediately.
- Decrease in engine power, meaning the computer that controls the engine has limited engine power output and needs to be examined.
- Change Engine Oil, the engine oil life is full and the oil must be changed.
- The gas fill cap is not properly tightened.
- DPF Light (Diesel Particulate Filter warning)
- DEF Light (for diesel vehicles): The diesel exhaust fluid level is low.
- The brake pads are worn. It also lights if the brake pad is replaced and the brake lining sensor is not changed (only for vehicles with brake lining sensor).
- This warning light is only available on automatic transmission vehicles, indicating that you must press the brake pedal to operate the automatic shift lever.
- Air suspension warning light.
- Suspension system failure.
- Transmission fault: It is recommended that to have the vehicle towed or driven at a slow speed to the nearest BMW service facility.
- Gearbox is operating at an improper temperature, and gearbox oil level and engine coolant level should be checked.
36. Outside temperature is below 37°F or 3°C and there may be black ice on the roads. This symbol may also be a snowflake inside a triangle depending on your
37. The light and rain sensors are not communicating with the control unit.
38. The defrost function of the windshield is active.
39. The defogger on the rear window is active.
40. The rain sensor is active.
41. The automatic window wipers are active.
42. In diesel vehicles, the engine glow plugs are warming up and that the engine should not be run until this light is turned off. Should the heating boiler malfunction,
white smoke may emerge from the exhaust and the heating bulbs must be replaced.
43. The roads may be snowy and slippery.
44. Track distance warning sign.
45. The speed limit set by the limiter has been exceeded.
46. Cruise control is active.
47. Lane changed without indicators.
48. One of the doors is open.
49. One of the doors, including trunk and bonnet, are open, and should be closed before driving or parking the car.
50. Seat belt is not attached.
51. The tire pressure is low or there is a problem in the system.
52. The key is not in the car, or the key is not identifiable.
53. Parking brake active. Best done by putting the vehicle in Neutral, activating the parking brake to load the transmission, and then putting in Park.
54. Parking assistance sensors active.
55. Steering lock warning, vehicle must be towed to the nearest BMW service facility.
56. Airbag and seat belt system defective.
57. ECO indicator showing you are driving economically.
58. Indicates an issues with the hand brake, low brake fluid, brake fluid leak, or brake pads have completed their life cycle.
59. Airbag system is off.
60. ABS warning light. Drive at medium speed and avoid braking when possible. Service required.
61. Cruise control is active.
62. Engine hood is open.
63. Luggage compartment is open.
64. Faulty start system.
65. Windshield washer fluid needs to be filled.
66. The key system is locked and requires a key equipped with the appropriate transponder to restart.
67. Traction Control or ESP: The traction control/anti-slip or electronic stability system in use. Conditions are slippery.
68. Warning indicating ESP malfunction: There is a problem with the vehicle traction control/anti-skid or electronic stability system.
These dashboard lights Indicator may applicable to these BMW Car Models
1-SERIES | 2-SERIES | 2-SERIES ACTIVE TOURER | 2-SERIES GRAN TOURER | 3-SERIES | 3-SERIES GRAN TURISMO | 315 | 316 | 316I | 318 | 318I | 320 | 320I | 323I | 324D | 325 | 325E | 325I | 325IX | 328I | 330 | 330IX | | 4-SERIES | 5-SERIES | 5-SERIES GRAN TURISMO | 518I | 520 | 520I | 520M | 523 | 523I | 524TD | 525 | 525E | 525I | 525IX | 525TDS | 528 | 528I | 530 | 530I | 535I | 540 | 540I | | 6-SERIES | 6-SERIES GRAN TURISMO | 635 | 7-SERIES | 728 | 728I | 730 | 730D | 730I | 735 | 735I | 735IL | 740 | 740I | 740IL | 745 | 745IL | 750 | 750I | 750IL | 760IL | 8-SERIES | | 850CI | ALPINA | BMW | COMPACT | I3 | I8 | M2 | M3 | M4 | M5 | M6 | M8 | X1 | X2 | X3 | X4 | X5 | X6 | X7 | Z3 | Z4 | Z8