Toyota HILUX Fuel Filter Warning Light Explained
Table of Contents
What is the meaning of the fuel filter warning light on the Toyota Hilux?
If the fuel filter warning light ON in the instrument cluster, that means that the amount of accumulated water in the fuel filter has reached the specified level if the light flashes and a buzzer sounds. In that case, the fuel filter needs to be replaced if the light comes on.
How to Drain the Water in the Fuel Filter
You may drain the fuel filter yourself. However, as the operation is difficult, we recommend having it drained by any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer. Even if you decide to drain it yourself, contact any authorized Toyota retailer or Toyota authorized repairer, or any reliable repairer.
4 Steps to Drain the Water
- Turn the engine switch to the “LOCK” position.
- Place a small tray under the drain plug or drain hose to catch the water and any fuel that comes out.
- Perform the draining as shown in the illustration.
- After draining, tighten the drain plug by hand.
How to reset the Fuel Filter Warning Light?
- Turn the ignition off.
- Unplug the top connector from the fuel filter housing.
- Turn the ignition On.
- Plug back the connector to the fuel filter housing. The fuel filter warning message is now reset.
This is a simple overview of why the fuel filter warning light on your Toyota Hilux is on. I am hoping this tutorial is worth your time. Thank you very much. Erwin C. Salarda
Total Views 210 total views, Today's View 26 views today