Table of Contents
Acura CSX Oil Service Maintenance Reminder Light Reset
Simple and easy steps on how to reset the Oil Service maintenance Reminder Indicator Light on Acura CSX from the year 2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011.
- Turn the Ignition On (II).
- Press the SELECT/RESET button until the remaining OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the remaining OIL LIFE is displayed. Press and hold the SELECT/RESET button until the OIL LIFE is flashing.
- While the OIL LIFE is flashing, release the SELECT/RESET button then press and hold again until the OIL LIFE reset to 100%.
- Turn off the ignition, then start the engine to verify if the service maintenance light has been reset.
NOTE: YOU ONLY NEED TO DO THIS AFTER THE PMS OR OIL CHANGE.
- This tutorial may also work to Honda CIVIC 8th Gen.
About Acura CSX
The Acura CSX is Acura’s subcompact executive car exclusively designed for the Canadian market. The CSX is the first Acura model with two predecessors, the Integra sedan (1986–1996) and the EL (1997–2005). Like the EL, it was only available in Canada and built in Alliston, Ontario, Canada. In 2012, the ILX was introduced as the CSX’s replacement, now available in both the United States and Canada.
The CSX is not a rebadged JDM/International Honda Civic, rather Honda Japan chose the Canadian-designed CSX as the template for the Civic sold in the Japan and International markets. Externally, the CSX shares its cab forward architecture with the American-market Civic. Differentiating the Acura from its mainstream North American counterpart include a slightly longer nose with shaped headlamp clusters, a full-width lower air intake and a slight crease up the hood’s centreline. At the rear, jewelled taillamps and the shaping of the trunk’s sheet metal contrast the upscale-marketed CSX from the Civic.
The CSX shares some features with the JDM Civic, most notably the 2.0 L DOHC i-VTEC engine rated at 155 hp (116 kW) at 6000 rpm and 139 lb⋅ft (188 N⋅m) at 4500 rpm. Also shared with the JDM Civic are the front and rear fascias; the steering wheel design is used in Japanese, European, and American-market Civic models.(source:wiki)