HOW TO GUIDE: Toyota T100 RKE Keyfob Programming
Toyota T100 RKE Keyfob Programming
Easy to follow step-by-step instructions for programming the RKE keyfob that came standard on all 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998 Toyota T100s.
- Locate ECU Programming Receiver
LOCATE the ECU Programming Receiver.
- Insert Key into Ignition
INSERT key into Ignition and TURN to the ON position.
- Enter Programming Mode
PRESS and HOLD the ECU’s Programming Switch for 3 seconds using a paperclip or small screwdriver. The Status Monitor LED light will turn on for 5 seconds to indicate successful entry into Programming Mode..
- Program Remote
WITHIN 5 seconds, PRESS and RELEASE ANY button on the remote. The Status Monitor LED light will turn OFF, the piezo chirper will chirp ONCE and the exterior lights will flash ONCE to indicate successful programming of the remote. IF you hold the button too long and the vehicle alarm sounds, simply press the TOP button on the remote to reset the alarm.
- EXIT Programming Mode
TURN OFF the Ignition to EXIT Programming Mode.
- Test Remotes
TEST all remotes. Programming is complete.
If these programming instructions helped save you time and money, please consider sharing our website with friends and family so they can do the same.
- Verify the following prior to following these instructions:
- Your vehicle is equipped with keyless entry, and
- You have a key fob remote that is compatible with your vehicle.
- Obtain ALL remote transmitters for this vehicle.
- Important: For MOST vehicles, the ECU Programming Receiver is located UNDERNEATH either the Driver or Passenger front seats. For SOME vehicles, it is located BEHIND the Driver’s Dash and can be accessed by prying out the black faceplate (5”x3”) BEHIND the mirror control switch. It is a BLACK box with 3 connectors and a recessed GREEN RESET button. Refer to the Owner’s Manual for your vehicle’s ECU location.
Thank you very much! This tutorial was compiled and researched by Erwin Salarda.