Audi TPMS Reset 2006-2010 A3
HOW TO RESET THE TPMS ON AUDI A3
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM, ADAPTING
The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is a software module in the ESP/ABS control module to detect slow and very slow losses of tire pressure at the wheels. TPMS compares the speed, i.e. the rolling circumference of the individual wheels using the ABS sensors. If the rolling circumference of a wheel changes, the TPMS warning lamp lights up in the instrument cluster.
The rolling circumference of a wheel can change if:
- The tire pressure is too low.
- The tire is damaged. l The vehicle is loaded unevenly.
- The wheels of one axle are subjected to a greater load (e.g. pulling a trailer or when driving uphill and ownhill).
- Driving with snow chains. l The spare wheel is installed.
- One wheel on an axle was changed (also if wheels were changed from front to rear or vice versa)
- Each time a tire is changed, the TPMS button – arrow – must be pressed with the ignition switched on and the vehicle at a standstill until a signal is heard.
- Tire pressure monitoring system is adapted after signal has sounded.