8 STEPS Toyota AVALON Tire Pressure Initialization
This is the simple 8 step procedure to initialize the tire pressure monitoring system of the Toyota Avalon. This procedure is necessary after changing your tire size, rotating the tire, and doing the ID code registration.
Tire Pressure Initialization
The tire pressure warning system must be initialized in the following circumstances:
● When the tire inflation pressure is changed such as when changing traveling speed or load weight.
● When the tire inflation pressure is changed such as when the tire size is changed.
● When rotating the tires.
● After performing the transmitter ID code registration procedure.
When the tire pressure warning system is initialized, the current tire inflation pressure is set as the benchmark pressure.
How To Initialize The Tire Pressure
- Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the engine switch off. The initialization procedure cannot be started while the vehicle is moving.
- Adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. Make sure to adjust the tire pressure to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. The tire pressure warning system will operate based on this pressure level. (see Tire Pressure PSI below)
- Start the engine
- Select SETTINGS on the multi-information display using the meter control switches on the steering wheel.
- Select VEHICLE SETTINGS and then press and hold the OK button .
- Select “TPWS” and then press OK button .
- Select “Set Pressure” then press and button hold the OK button until the tire pressure warning light blinks 3 times. Then a message will be displayed on the multi-information display. “—” will be displayed on the multi-information display for the inflation pressure of each tire while initialization is being performed.
- Drive straight (with occasional left and right turns) at approximately 25 mph (40 km/h) or more for approximately 10 to 30 minutes. Initialization is complete when the position of each tire is determined the inflation pressure of each tire is displayed on the multi-information display. Initialization may take longer than approximately 1 hour in certain situations, such as when the vehicle is stopped for a long time at traffic lights, etc.
Toyota Avalon Tire Pressure PSI Guide
This tire pressure PSI guide is applicable to the following tire sized and specification.
- Tire size 17 – 215/55R17 94V, T155/70D17 110M
- Tire size 235/45R18 94V, T155/70D17 110M
- Tire size 235/40R19 92V, T155/70D17 110M
- Tire size 235/40R19 96Y, T155/70D17 110M
Tire inflation pressure (Recommended cold tire inflation pressure)
Driving under normal conditions
- Front: 35 psi (240 kPa, 2.4 kgf/cm2 or bar)
- Rear: 35 psi (240 kPa, 2.4 kgf/cm2 or bar)
- Spare: 60 psi (420 kPa, 4.2 kgf/cm2 or bar)
Driving at high speeds (above 100 mph [160 km/h]) (in countries where such speeds are permitted by law)
- Add 5 psi (30 kPa, 0.3 kgf/cm2 or bar) to the front tires and rear tires. Never exceed the maximum cold tire inflation pressure indicated on the tire sidewall.
That is all the information you need to know to initialize the tire pressure of Toyota Avalon. Thank you very much. 🙂 -Erwin Salarda