2006-2009 Volkswagen GTI Service Reminder Indicator
The GTI is a sporty version of the Golf. Since 1999, a turbocharged four-cylinder engine has powered most GTI models. The sporty VW hatchback is a credible alternative to a sports sedan, with capable handling, a relatively comfortable ride, a well-crafted interior and a surprisingly roomy back seat. Special limited-production R32 versions have a V6 and all-wheel-drive. These one-year-specials appeared in 2004 and again in 2008. A four-door version of the GTI became available in 2007.
Service Reminder Reset
NOTE: This procedure applies to A5 models.
NOTE: The Service Reminder Indicator can also be reset using an OEM scan tool.
NOTE: If you reset the service display yourself, the next service is displayed after 9,320 miles (15,000 km) or one year. The service interval is not determined individually.
Using Buttons in Instrument Cluster (Basic Message Display)
1. Ensure the ignition is switched off.
NOTE: If resetting the Inspection Service Reminder, turn on emergency flashers. If resetting the Oil Change Reminder, go to next step.
2. Press and hold the 0.0 (trip reset) button (3). See Fig. 4, Fig. 5, or Fig. 6.
3. Switch ignition on. Release the 0.0 button. Press the HOUR and MINUTE button (clock reset button (1) one time, quickly.
4. The Service Interval Display is now in the Reset mode.
5. After a brief period, the display switches back to the normal display.
6. Turn off ignition and remove key from lock. Wait at least 10 seconds.
7. Insert key and start engine. The service interval is now reset. Confirm “wrench” indicator light is not illuminated.
Using The Windshield Wiper Lever Buttons (Premium Message Display)
1. Using the rocker switch on the windshield wiper lever (2), select the “Settings” menu. See Fig. 7.
2. Once in the service submenu, select “Reset”, then press the “OK” button (1). The service interval is now reset.
Using The Buttons In Multifunction Steering Wheel
1. Press the appropriate multifunction steering wheel button continually until the “Settings” menu is displayed (button 1 in 2004-08 Golf Sedan & 2004 R32, or button 5 in all other models). See Fig. 8 or Fig. 9)
2. Once in the service submenu, select “Reset” and then press the “OK” button (3 in 2004-08 Golf Sedan & 2004 R32, or 5 in all other models). The service interval is now reset.